Saturday, June 30, 2012

Melting in Kansas City

It is dreadfully hot here (100 degrees F) and there's no end in sight! the heat wave is supposed to be here for around 10-12 days total. Whew!

Sounds like a good day to:

  • Go hide down the basement where my sewing room is conveniently located
  • Sew - both mending (my serger is back from repair!) and quilting
  • Install Aperture on my computer
  • Play with Aperture and the pictures I took this morning at the garden
  • Post to my blogs.
I usually get my best sewing done in January and July, when it's just dreadful outside. July is just around the corner. My current quilting project is to finish a quilt I'm making for a charity silent auction. Hopefully I will have a photo of the top for you today!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Lauren,
    It is a good time to hibernate and sew! My sewing room is also in my basement and sometimes so cool I have to wear a housecoat and booties!
    I hope you can get out enough on Tuesday and come see my show at your Blue Valley guild meeting! I'm looking forward to meeting some fellow bloggers and quilters!
    Brenda...the Farmer's Dotter

    ReplyDelete