Tuesday, March 29, 2011

The Sewing Machine Attachment Handbook

Such excitement! I found this book, The Sewing Machine Attachment Handbook by Charlene Phillips, at the Borders Books (going out of business sale - boo hoo). A few years ago my Mother in Law gave me a bunch of sewing machine attachments. I had no idea how to use them....until now!

They fit on my Singer Featherweight antique machine. Amazing all the things you can do with a straight stitch machine!

But, what to do with ruffles? a binder? a hemmer? a shirring foot? I think it will stretch my creativity. If I get good at using these things, I might even write some more tutorials on them.

Mmmm,  gadgets....such fun to play with!

1 comment:

  1. I am intrigued! I didn't realize you had a featherweight. Seems like all the cool kids have one. I wanna be in that group!

    Needing to save my pennies a bit longer, though... Might hit you up for tips this summer when I get my machine. I'll see if I can find one with lots of extra do-dads...

    ReplyDelete