Sunday, March 6, 2011

Total impulse

As I said, I follow a number of quilting blogs, always looking for inspiration and something new.

I received an email from a shop from North Carolina called "Wish Upon a Quilt." I used to live in NC, but this shop didn't exist back then. When I went back for a visit to Raleigh in 2009, I had some time to kill before my flight back home, so a friend recommended I check out the shop. After all, it's right by the airport. How convenient! I bought a few things, got on their email list, and that was that.

Well, that's just the beginning...

I follow their blog, I get their weekly emails, and I even subscribed to their Kaffe Fassett block of the month. This is my first block of the month....and while I like Kaffe Fassett fabric, I haven't bought much yet. A BOM seemed like a fun way to play with Kaffe Fassett brights, without committing too much.

In today's weekly specials email, I followed the link to the free pattern. It's called "Hexagon Park"...OMG, it totally charmed me! I don't know why it struck a chord in me, but it is a brilliant, interesting, clever  yet simple pattern, and it looks like great way to use up small pieces of my guild's charity quilt fabric stash! (Which, as you may know, resides in my basement).

I pulled the fabrics this morning and started cutting.

The pattern designer has her own blog called Lily's Quilts. Yep, I'm subscribed already.

No comments:

Post a Comment