Monday, May 14, 2012

Cross Stitch for Geeks

Lately I've been cross stitching. I've enjoyed doing hand work while watching TV, and I haven't had any quilt work suitable for stitching in front of the TV.

My conscience is nagging me, "Lauren, you certainly do have quilting projects needing hand work. What about those applique blocks you've been working on for....I dunno... 3 or 4 years??"  Uh, hmmm, yeah, I do have those. You're right, Ms. Conscience. But, I do so much better with good lighting when applique-ing! The lighting in the house by the TV is just terrible. I don't need such bright lighting for cross stitch.

That's my story and I'm sticking with it.

Here's my first project, completed and framed. I posted about this a few months ago, but had no pictures then.


I love it! Totally medical nerd. Since I used to be a cardiology nurse, it's so cool for my office, now. (I'm an informatics nurse now.) For those that don't read heart rhythms, this is accurate, and it reflects a stepwise degradation of rhythm. The last one's fatal. Kinda gruesome, in a scholarly way.

I'd repost a link to the pattern, which I had found on Etsy, but I think the seller shut down the shop.  :-(

1 comment: