Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Hexagon Park

Hexagon Park by ava99riley00
Hexagon Park, a photo by ava99riley00 on Flickr.
Made from charity quilts fabric from my quilt guild, this is Hexagon Park, a free pattern from the Moda Bake Shop. Lily's Quilts made this Hexagon Park pattern.

Since I used the guild's charity fabric, this quilt must go to our charity project.  I can only imagine how the person receiving this quilt will feel when she picks it out. We donate our quilts to a shelter for victims of domestic violence.

I borrowed a technique I've noticed on other quilters' blogs...I strung some clothes line between two trees and clipped the quilt to the string. It makes a nice picture, and I get natural lighting for better color. I got to use some old-fashioned clothes pins to hang it up. Sometimes simple tools are the truly the best.

No comments:

Post a Comment