Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Mini Hiatus

I enjoyed a long weekend away and haven't been sewing. Hope to post again soon.

While in Charleston, SC, I went to People Places and Quilts in the historic district. Nice little shop with high quality fabrics. They like Amy Butler, Kaffe Fassett, and Moda. I bought a book called Southern Pillow Sayings, with designs to embroider on a pillow cover; the book is published by the store. It's adorable! These were some of my favorite sayings:

  • That dog ain't gonna hunt.
  • She's just a mess. Bless her heart.
  • About what you might expect, more or less under the circumstances...
I miss the south; I'm more partial to North Carolina mind you, but any place that serves grits for breakfast and is well into spring by April 1 is OK with me. It was fun to visit and get away.

No comments:

Post a Comment